VLC Plays Video But No Sound
Thomas George
2017-07-28 23:11:31 UTC
VLC audio message: vdpau_avcodec generic error: decoder profile not
supported: 7
I have also tried playing the video with mpv which gives a different error
[lavf] Edit lists are not correctly supported (FFmpeg issue)
My system is Stretch. ogg123 plays ogg files with not problem but I just
checked and found mpg321 plays mp3 files with no sound.
Any suggestions as to what is missing? How to fix this?
Under Debian Jessie + icewm, I had installed vlc: No pictures no sound.
Sb. in this forum was advised to use mplayer.
So I purged vlc, used deborphan to get rid of it's fringe benefits, and
as a layman in video and sound, installed mplayer AND smplayer.
After fiddling a little within smplayer's menu, I could enjoy a film DVD,
"Those magnificient men in their flying machines")
Thanks, this did the trick. I now have both video and the audio track.